At Willow Tree Primary School we use Discovery RE as our RE scheme of work. Discovery RE is a comprehensive set of detailed medium-term planning for Religious Education from Reception to Year 6. There are 64 Enquiry modules covering Christianity, Buddhism, Hinduism, Islam, Judaism and Sikhism and are designed to support the teacher to deliver engaging and challenging RE lessons with confidence. The enquiry approach makes RE exciting and engaging for both teachers and children alike.
Why did we choose it?
- Makes RE a learning experience to
look forward to
- Provides a safe enquiry space
- Encourages deep questioning
- Enhances critical thinking and evaluation skills
- Supports spiritual development
- Equips pupils to celebrate diversity
- Supports the delivery of statutory RE requirements
- Enhances RE outcomes and Christian ethos for SIAMS
- Maps SMSC (Spiritual, Moral, Social and Cultural) development opportunities
- Maps British Values
- Enhances children’s learning and spiritual development
- Encourages the celebration of diversity