The International Early Years Curriculum (IEYC) is an internationally researched curriculum for learners aged 2-5+years old made up of developed thematic units of learning to guide learning activities and experiences. The IEYC is designed around and driven by underpinning foundations that insure the curriculum remains learning focused and puts the goal of improving learning at the centre of what we do.
Why did we choose IEYC?
- It uses international best practices, holistic enquiry and play-based approaches and covers all curriculum areas and the Early Years Foundation Stage: cognitive, personal, social and emotional development
- It is flexible and works alongside the National Curriculum while offering the structure required to suit all teachers
- It is designed around 8 Learning goals that we consider essential to children’s learning and development
- The learning units provided are based around exciting themes which capture children’s natural curiosity
- Assessment is done using observation and interactions by teachers, and children to achieve a holistic view on a child’s development recorded and monitored by teachers regularly