|Our safety squad members have the important job of keeping the children in Willow Tree School safe. This year’s safety squad members are Sienna, Heidi, Logan, James and Lucy.
Safety Squad members make sure the school is a safe place for all the other children to enjoy themselves and that all our children have important information they need to keep safe both in school and outside of school.
As part of their role, they will need to:
· Attend meetings
· Bring ideas to the meeting that will make the school safe
· Feedback information to their class – ask their teacher for a time to do this
· Wear their badge so people know that they are a rep
· Present some assemblies about how to keep safe outside of school
· Conduct walks around school to check the school grounds
In our first safety squad meeting we discussed members role and responsibilities for this upcoming year. We then began to make a list of some of the things that the children would like to do during the Autumn Term.
Our focus for the Autumn Term is:
Take a look at our ‘No Dogs Allowed’ Posters which have been put up around the outside of school and added to our newsletter.
We planned and delivered a whole school assembly about, ‘How to Stay Safe on Bonfire Night’. Here is the PowerPoint display that we produced.
During the Autumn Term we also helped to create our Safeguarding Hall display. After sharing our ideas about what to include in the display we took are classes to the display once it had been completed. We shared with our class all the information included in the display.